American Chiropractic Clinic
Why animal chiropractic?
Why use chiropractic with your animals?
-Neck and back pain
-Muscle spasms and nerve conditions
-Injuries from falling, jumping, accidents
-Chronic conditions that restrict normal movements
More about chiropractic for animals
-How chiropractic affects change
-Will treatment/adjustments be painful
-What to expect after treatment
-What is the best treatment response
What is animal chiropractic?
-Chiropractic adjustments are defined as a short lever, high velocity controlled thrust by hand that is directed at specific joint articulations to improve joint function/motion
-Exam and treatment includes learning about your animal's history
-Exam includes checking the nerve system, checking the animal's gait, motion and static palpation
Indications for care-do any of these pertain to your pet?
- Trouble getting up and down.
- Athletic competitions.
- Surgery involving anesthesia.
- Seizures or neurological problems.
- Geriatric/older pets.
- Recovery from illness or injury.
- Behavior or mood change.
- In horses: head shy, cinchy, reluctance to pick up a lead or go in one direction, pulling one way, hair color or pattern change along the body.
- Chronic health problems that do not resolve as expected.
- Sings of navicular disease or laminitis.
All Species of Animals Benefit
- Equine, feline and canine patients benefit...if the animal has a spine, treatment is beneficial.
- Members of the AVCA treat animals of every species
- So animals, exotics, wildlife and reptiles all have been adjusted by members of the AVCA
Want to learn more about a doctor's education and certification process? go to AnimalChiropractic.org